Services for overseas-trained doctors
Supporting overseas-trained doctors to:
- Assess medical career options/pathways
- Navigate AHPRA, medical registration and the Health Insurance Act
- Translate their international work history/training into a format comparable with the Australian health system
- Develop quality career resources - resume and cover letters
- Prepare for interviews to engage professionally with prospective employers and to perform at interview
- Source employment opportunities and establish their medical careers in the Australian health system
Coaching Rates (Inclusive of GST)
1 Hr Career Coaching session:
- AMA Member $150
- AMA Non-Member $350
Book a 1-hour coaching session
Are you a Non-Member? Access a complimentary Careers Consultation by becoming an AMA Victoria member today.
Career Call (member only benefit)
As part of your membership AMA Victoria members can access our careers consultants via telephone for a fifteen minute ‘Career Call’.
15-minute career call (AMA Victoria financial members only)
More info & FAQ
For more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on (03) 9280872
I need some support to understand which pathway is most appropriate for me to pursue given my prior experience and training.Expand
We support doctors who fall under all three of the Assessment Pathways:
- Standard Pathway
- Competent Authority Pathway
- Specialist Pathway
We also understand the implications of an Overseas Trained Doctors APHRA Medical Registration status on their ability to source work and to comply with AHPRA supervision requirements.
- Limited Registration
- Provisional Registration
- General Registration
- Specialist Registration
Engaging with the job market is a process of marketing yourself. We help overseas-trained doctors to achieve the following before they approach the job market:
- Verbal presentation/ professional branding
- Job targets/understand the market
- Cover letter and key selection criteria
- Job search plan
- Interview skills
You are more likely to be successful in your job applications if you can translate your experience into a format that the Australian health system recognises. The Australian medical education and training structure and medical terminology sometimes differ from that of other countries. We help you to understand how your experience will most likely be interpreted by the Australian health system and to articulate it accordingly.
We help you structure your resume in a manner familiar to Australian health services and express your experience using the terminology used to describe Australian medical experience. We can also help you to prepare cover letters appropriately targeting the market and expressing your experience in a way more readily understood by the health services.